Evoke Has Been Chosen As One Of Outside Magazines Top 100 Best Places to Work three Years in a Row!
We Are 6th On The List for The Health & Wellness Category And The Only Outdoor Wilderness Program!
A meaningful career in the outdoor industry. An office with a view. Being a part of a community that cares and spending your free time with friends being active in the outdoors. If this sounds like your dream job, then Evoke Therapy Programs is the place for you!
This position allows you to transform your love of wilderness and community into a meaningful, life-changing career. Field Instructors role-model healthy expression of emotion and appropriate behavior, as well as lead by example and share their passion for healthy living and wilderness to help participants connect positively to their experience at Evoke. Instructors teach backpacking skills, low-impact camping ethics, yoga, mindfulness practices, and facilitate team building activities and group therapy. Instructors act as a guide, teacher, role-model and constant support to the teens, young adults, and families with whom they work. Most importantly, our Field Instructors manage the inherent risk of the wilderness and oversee clients’ safety while backpacking in the beautiful wilderness backcountry.
Evoke Therapy Programs are clinically focused with Masters and Doctorate level therapists working together with Field Instructors as a treatment team to create treatment plans and goals. Field Instructors are empowered to be highly involved with creating a client’s personal treatment plan and assignments. Treatment plans are individualized for each participant.
Instructors work in a team of four to five with a group of eight to ten clients. The treatment team helps process the cause and effect relationship that living in the wilderness provides and guides participants in developing new choice-making skills. Evoke Field Instructors focus on teaching clients how to communicate assertively and be accountable for their choices.
Evoke Therapy Programs is an owner-operated company. Check out our Leadership Team page to learn more about them. Aside from the friendship and the family-like feel, the position offers many benefits.
- We pay our Field Instructors a competitive wage and prior experience is recognized. Staff must first complete a paid internship. After that, pay rates vary by location. Please contact the recruiters linked below for location-specific pay scales.
- Commitment bonuses.
- Health and dental insurance plans
- A 401K Plan where Evoke will match a portion of your contributions after a year of employment
- Paid vacations.
- A gear stipend and gear acquisition support program upon hire. Please contact recruiters for more information regarding these benefits.
- Evoke pays for Wilderness First Responder courses, professional conferences, hard-skills workshops, and other professional development.
- A variety of professional gear deals.
If you are interested please take a moment to explore our website and visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. To apply, please click here to visit our application process page.
Feel free to email or call one of our recruiters at the information listed below and thank you for your interest in Evoke Therapy Programs.
Will Winham, Assistant Field Director & Recruiter at Cascades
Brennan Dougherty, Assistant Field Director & Recruiter at Entrada