Evoke at Entrada is also home to The Oasis. Entrada's young adult groups hike to our beautiful high desert oasis where mustangs, elk, hawks, and other wildlife converge at a year-round natural spring. The Oasis accommodations include yurts, cots for sleeping, a dedicated cooking area, showers, and toilets. The Oasis also provides space for yoga and other recreational activities, a group fire pit, a labyrinth, and several yoga and meditation areas. The Oasis is a time for reflection, community building, and introspection. Our oasis provides participants opportunities for physical, emotional, and spiritual replenishment.
Along with our Field Instructors, The Oasis Experience is hosted by our Health & Wellness Team and includes the following:
- Cooking specialized cuisine
- Learning new recipes and nutrition to support better emotional, mental, and physical health
- Participating in Yoga with registered and experienced instructors
- Exploring mindfulness techniques such as mindful eating and breathing work
- Spending reflection time at our labyrinth, prayer flag tree or other sacred places
- Building a meditation practice from a vast array of disciplines
- Sleeping in a bed and taking a hot shower
- Reviewing personalized treatment goals with therapists and staff
- Participating in specialty groups, like 12-Step and Trauma Groups
- Watching inspirational videos on our large projector screen
- Interacting with special guest speakers presenting on relevant treatment topics
- Participating in musical activities like guitar playing and drums circles
The daily schedule includes elective and appointed activities that foster self-motivation, mindfulness, and increase participant’s investment in utilizing newly acquired skills and insights. As the visit to the Oasis concludes, the participants will take back to the trail, continuing their journey toward a greater sense of empowerment and clarity.