Logistics Coordinator Careers
Evoke Cascades Position Opening: Logistics Coordinator
The Logistics Coordinator oversees and manages all gear, equipment and food for Evoke Cascades. The Logistics Coordinator oversees and coordinates purchases of all equipment, clothing, footwear, and accessories for participants and the program as a whole. Additionally, the Logistics Coordinator oversees vehicle maintenance, visitor gear, client laundry, firewood stocking, and ongoing and preventative maintenance for Evoke Cascades gear, equipment, and general facilities. The Logistics Coordinator also assists with supervision of the backup and transport positions and participates in the field on-call rotation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Gear & Food
- Performs quarterly inventory and ensures ongoing documentation including tracking systems for “call-out”, intakes, etc. Ensures all necessary gear and food, and firewood are in stock and ordered when needed.
- Maintains updated seasonal gear lists and rotates/organizes seasonal gear to be issued.
- Researches new gear items and maintains vendor relationships.
- Maintain necessary group, orientation, and walkabout supplies.
- Works with Medical Coordinator, Therapists, Backup, and Evoke Nutritionist to order all needed equipment and food, including specialty foods for all dietary needs of participants.
- Oversees bi-weekly food restock for groups.
Visitors & Visitor Gear
- Maintains all visitor gear to ensure it's in stock, clean/washed and properly organized.
- When available, works with the Parent Coordinator as a visitor liaison, oversees visitors are properly outfitted, ensures their safe and timely return, and checks in with visitors upon their return, asks about the visit, offers showers, helps print boarding passes, etc.
- Confirms transporters are completing necessary paperwork for arriving & departing participants and parents and their personal items, including safe items, and that medications are returned.
- Tracks and arranges all necessary documentation, maintenance, cleaning, etc. for company vehicles (fleet vehicles, UTVs, and trailers).
- Monitors vehicles and logs to evaluate condition, and assess any maintenance, concerns, or upgrades for fleet vehicles.
- Keeps all vehicle documents up to date (insurance, inspection, registration, etc.).
- Keeps track of maintenance logs for each vehicle.
Laundry, Sanitation & Maintenance
- Manages the laundry system to ensure all participant clothing is laundered and delivered weekly to the clients in the field.
- Oversees the laundering of visitor gear, towels, sock-exchange, and other items.
- Maintains scheduled sanitation processes for warehouse, vehicles, water containers, etc.
- Oversees gear maintenance and repairs, trends in wear & tear, loss prevention, etc.
- Works with Program Director to ensure building cleanliness and ongoing maintenance.
- Oversees inventory and storage of participant items sent in from the field.
- Ensures craft and solo kits are stocked.
- Be on call for field one week per month.
- Support Director of Operations in supervision and oversight of Operations staff (backup, transport, etc).
- Maintain Aegis instructor certification and lead Aegis classes.
- Other duties as assigned.
These qualifications include Evoke expectations and local, state and federal requirements, additional requirements may apply. The Logistics Coordinator is at least 25 years of age, has a BA or BS degree or equal training and experience in a related field, and meets local and state policies regarding criminal history. The individual has a minimum of 30-semester or 45 quarter hours education in recreational therapy or related field, or two years Outdoor Youth Program field experience. The individual has knowledge and experience demonstrating competence in areas of inventory, logistics, proficiency in Word and Excel, outdoor gear and personnel management. The Logistics Coordinator is trained and certified annually in CPR and Standard First Aid, and has completed an initial staff training and field course.
- This is a salaried, managerial position.
- Schedule is generally Tuesday-Friday with some flexibility.
- A comprehensive benefits plan including health & dental, 401k with company contributions, increasing PTO with tenure, and more.
To apply: Send a resume & letter of interest to Jordan Machtelinckx by July 12, 2019. Three letters of recommendation will be required prior to hire.