The Oasis at Entrada
Every two to four weeks, Entrada's young adult groups hike to our beautiful high desert Oasis, where mustangs, elk, hawks, and other wild life converge along a year-round natural spring. Nestled between rolling hills and spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, the Oasis accommodations include yurts with cots for sleeping, a kitchen for cooking, showers, and toilets. The Oasis also has a fitness area, a group fire pit pavilion, herb and vegetable gardens, a labyrinth, and several meditation areas.
The Oasis Experience at Entrada for Adults
Visits to the Oasis are a time for reflection, community building, and introspection. The Oasis provides opportunities for physical, emotional, and spiritual replenishment, as well as increasing personal productivity. Along with our Field Instructors, the Oasis Experience is hosted by our Health and Wellness Coordinator and includes the following:
- Cooking specialized cuisine
- Learning new recipes and nutrition to support better emotional, mental, and physical health.
- Participating in Yoga with registered and experienced instructors
- Exploring mindfulness techniques such as mindful eating and breathing work
- Spending reflection time at our labyrinth, prayer flag tree or other sacred places
- Building a meditation practice from a vast array of disciplines
- Sleeping in a bed and taking a hot shower
- Reviewing personalized treatment goals with therapists and staff
- Reviewing and submitting accredited college coursework when applicable
- Meeting with our Health & Wellness Coordinator to review personal health plan goals
- Participating in specialty groups, like 12-Step and Trauma Groups
- Watching inspirational videos on our large projector screen
- Interacting with special guest speakers presenting on relevant treatment topics
- Participating in drums circles, and other musical activities
The daily schedule includes elective and appointed activities that foster self-motivation, mindfulness, and increase the participant’s investment in utilizing newly acquired skills and insights. As the visit to the Oasis concludes, the participants will take back to the trail, continuing their journey toward a greater sense of empowerment and clarity.